Friday, September 25, 2009

Fred's Devo #28 On Body: Many Functions part 2

3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion" Romans 12:3-5

Just like the human body has many parts, God has created the body of Christ with many different Gifts. Some are up front gifts like preaching and teaching, others are less seen gifts like service and giving. Whatever our gift, we are to use it to the glory of God and in concert with the other gifts, not in competition with other members of the Body of Christ! Again, the gifts are for God's glory and completion of God's mission, not our glory or our agenda. If you don't yet know what your gift(s) is, begin to pray now that the Lord would reveal it to you. Then you will now your role in the body of Christ. In the meantime take advantage of every opportunity to serve him God and bless other members of the body of Christ.

Let's pray: Father, thank you that you have given each of us gifts. Help us to know what our gift(s) is and our role in the body of Christ. Help us to serve you with humility and sensitivity to other members of the body. Forgive me for the times when I am more concerned about how I look, or my chance to shine than giving you the glory or serving the body! I know that this is fleshly and self serving. Lord I commit my gifts to you again this morning. May they be used for your service and glory! May they also bless and serve my brothers and sisters in Christ. Jesus Name! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment