Monday, November 23, 2009

Fred's Devo # 66 " Jesus, Our Savior and Our Brother! Amazing!

Key Verse: So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters. Hebrews 2:11

It is amazing that Jesus our Saviour and Creator, also calls himself our Brother!
The writer is marveling at God's amazing attention and care for us: He says in verse 6"-9: “What are mere mortals that you should think about them,
or a son of man[a] that you should care for him?
7 Yet you made them only a little lower than the angels
and crowned them with glory and honor.[b]
8 You gave them authority over all things.”[c]

Futhermore, in verses 9 - 10 the writer says: "...Jesus, who was given a position “a little lower than the angels”; and because he suffered death for us, he is now “crowned with glory and honor.” Yes, by God’s grace, Jesus tasted death for everyone. 10 God, for whom and through whom everything was made, chose to bring many children into glory. And it was only right that he should make Jesus, through his suffering, a perfect leader, fit to bring them into their salvation.

Yet this great Jesus calls us His brother in verse 11: "So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters.[d] 12 For he said to God, “I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters. I will praise you among your assembled people.”[e]

AMAZING LOVE!

In closing, let's meditate on the words of this Hymn:

And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Savior’s blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain—
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

In Jesus Name! Amen!

"And Can It Be That I Should Gain" words by Charles Wesley
http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/a/c/acanitbe.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment