Friday, September 11, 2009

Devo # 16 Get Ready! Christ Is Coming Back Again!

Today's Scripture:
"1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. 2 Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. 3 Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. 4 For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future. 5 There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 and one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all."( Ephesians 4:1-6 - NLT)

Today is the last devotional on " One Faith" as found in Ephesians 4:5 above: I have been using the InterVaristy Basis of Faith, to illustrate the components of our Faith. The final component as mentioned in this document is:

"We believe in the victorious reign and future personal return of Jesus Christ who will judge all people with Justice and mercy, giving over the unrepentant to eternal condemnation but receiving the redeemed into eternal life."

Jesus says in Matthew 5: 32-38 and 41:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. ..... 41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Prayer: Lord, you are the Rigtheous Judge who will judge every person on the earth. Thank that you are also a God who is full of love and mercy, offering your son as a ransom for my sins. Thank you for my salvation. Help me to live a life that is worthy of my calling! Give me the courage to tell my unsaved friends about your terrific offer of salvation! I do not want them to suffer eternal condemnation but eternal joy with me!
In Jesus Name! Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment